I feel asleep on the couch this afternoon after a wonderful playdate with my youngest granddaughter and the excitement of getting a car so I don’t have to drive my pickup with the only working gauge the speed limit. The only downside here is that I am not going to be able to sleep tonight until late, late, late.
So in my quest to find something constructive to do, I started thinking about Rules of Life. I remembered a Meme about witchy rules for life I come across several months ago and decided to do my own Rules of Life. This is what I have come up with…..
My Rules of Life
- Make peace with your past, so it won’t bite you in your present. It is way worse to deal with a festered sore than a fresh or semi fresh one. Remember if it festers long enough without you paying attention it will give you a physical dis-ease to get your attention!
- What other people think of you is none of your business; Just as what you think of them is none of theirs. And please, keep it to yourself. If others insist on informing you of their option, if you must endure, just smile and think of a Jim Stafford or Ray Stevens song
- (Old) Time heals almost everything. Give it time. Time magic anyone?
(New) Do not judge, unless of course, “insert who you worship here” died and left you in charge of judgements. But there is a distinct difference in judgement and standing in your authentic truth or even in public truth. PN: It is not a judgement to voice something like sexual/physical/emotional abuse. It is against the law.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except for you. What? Were you expecting it all gift wrapped complete with bow?
- Don’t compare your life to others. They are NOT YOU! You have no idea what their “hand” at the moment looks like so don’t go there.
- Stop thinking too much. It’s alright if you don’t know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it, AND when the moment is right.
- You don’t own all the problems in the world so quit taking responsibility for them!
- Drama is toxic! To you, to your plants, to your pets, to your crystals… DRAMA not allowed in my world, period!
- If things get rough, remind yourself that this is temporary, a blip in time. IT WILL PASS! Ground yourself in the moment. Look around you and find something that makes you smile or laugh or just feel good while you remind yourself ‘a blip in time’. PN: Useful mantra
- Everything that happens to you, happens for a reason. There is a lesson here. Find it, don’t just stand there and cry about it.
- What you put out, you get back. You throw crap, you get crap thrown back at you. You throw flowers, you get flowers thrown back. You choose!
I want to have 13 rules. Why, I like the number 13? I identify as a witch? whatever the reason, I will be adding to this list over time, as soon as I figure out what needs to go there. I can think of lots of things that could be added but are they truly in MY best interest or authentic self? And even a lot of things that really would serve me… if I were into them.
That last part is a very important part of my new life. I am no longer in service of others, past the normal amount that I deem an acceptable amount. I promised counselor after counselor that I would take care of myself after my parents were gone. Counselor after counselor informed me that everyone says that but never does. Ladies? Is that egg on your face?
I meditate and tend my chakras at least 3 times a week. I have a journaling daily ritual that I have kept up for more than 2 years. I incorporate gratitude into my daily life, even if I have to dig deep to find it. I am finding out who I am and what I am not this earth for in this life. I have journeyed into shadow work realm, having just bought LoneWolf’s shadow work course. The link goes to the home page where there’s lots of free stuff, too.
I am learning about my Empath abilities and a personal note, have discovered with dismay I may add, that since opening myself up to the ability, has become so much stronger. But what to do with this ability? I am still trying to figure that one out and the only thing I have come up with is a new email address – reluctantempath.
I say, I am taking care of myself, quite well, thank you very much!